Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rachael Ray

I'm an avid Food Network t.v. watcher. In fact, I probably watch this station more than any other. I thought it might be fun to revisit my blog and write a little something about my favorite (or least favorite) Food Network personalities.

I decided to begin with Rachael Ray. I couldn't help but resist using the pictures from her FHM shoot. Too funny.

Rachael is the Food Network queen. She is super perky, always smiling and she really likes to play up the fact that she is not a classically trained chef. She prefers to be known as an at-home cook like you and I. For the most part I like Rachael. Perhaps it's her strong work ethic. She's got a few shows on Food Network, her own talk show (that is doing quite well), a line of dog food and her own magazine. She also cranks out 3-5 cookbooks per year. Not bad. On the downside, Rachael can be a tad annoying. She loves to meld words (stoup=stew/soup, EVOO=extra virgin olive oil) and she giggles quite a bit. Her meals are pretty good and I own 3 or 4 of her cookbooks. Overall I like Rachael. Although she can be a tad bit PERKY her recipes have always turned out to be winners in my book and they are quick and simple...exactly what I'm looking for.

1 comment:

  1. is that even her in that pic? it looks like they photoshopped her face on the body!! i've never warmed up to her....she annoys the crap out of me. i bought one of her no repeat cookbooks but that was misleading because 2-3 recipes were exactly the same except one or two ingredients....not enough of a change to say it's a whole new recipe. i like her concept....easy and practical....i just can't get past her personality! :-)

    ReplyDelete