Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Irritating...

A friend started talking about cell phone usage today on Facebook and I thought that would be a good opportunity for me to go on one of my (many) rants.



It's 2010 and in my opinion cell phones have gotten completely out of control. When I graduated highschool (1996) there was not a single person in my entire school that owned a cellphone. Now EVERYONE seems to have one. Not a problem, I love my phone, but here a just a few rules to follow folks:


  • You should not be using the bluetooth ear piece unless you're in a vehicle. Period. I really hate you annoying bastards who feel the need to talk in the grocery store, pharmacy, or anywhere in public for that matter.

  • The "Wacky Frog" ringtone is cute...if you're 10.

  • "Texting" in sick to work is not cool. Ever. Pick up the phone and call.

  • When I'm in a restaurant trying to enjoy a meal and you are on the phone talking away, well that's just plain rude! How would you like it if I shoved the cellphone up your ass?? You wouldn't now would you? Ok, that's how I feel when I hear you gabbing at the table next to me. Take it to the lobby!

  • When you're taking any form of public transportation (except cabs...they have their own rules) get off the phone. There's nothing worse than a long Metra ride home, having to listen to Bambi go off on her boyfriend. Blah.

2 comments:

  1. I can see this is going to be an interesting blog! I can't wait for the next topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to say that having to post as anonymous really sucks. Computers and the Internet used to be alot simpler, but ever since they started making things "easier" I can't figure out anything, like how to post my comment with my name!

    Mommy Dearest

    ReplyDelete